FEM was established as a mutual insurer in 1936. FEM provides workmen’s compensation insurance for the construction industry.
Workmen’s compensation is a compulsory form of insurance providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees or their dependents, in the case of injuries or diseases sustained in the course of their employment and is governed by the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, (130 of 1993) (COID Act).
Our business operations are essentially confined to the insurance of employers against their liabilities under the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 1993 (COIDA).
Benefits of FEM membership
- Access to private healthcare for injured employees – FEM has established relationships with an extensive list of private hospital groups.
- MSO – A group of qualified case managers who monitor treatment and ensure it is in line with the injury. Thus eliminating over-servicing.
- Administration done by FEM includes requesting of all reports until the finalisation of claims.
- Online submission of claims documentation to help speed up processing.
- Accident statistics available online.
- Recover costs from the Road Accident Fund, for Motor Vehicle accident claims, on the employer’s behalf.
- On-site training for claims and underwriting training at FEM offices around the country on request.
Tel: 011 3594300
The Federated Employers Mutual Assurance Company (RF) (Pty) Ltd (“FEM”) is licensed to conduct non-life insurance business.